- Change Notes
- Entire base game completed
- Added an icon/button in the corner to view enemy cards for enemy information
- Known Issues/Bugs
- Trap UI is “bad” for lack of a better word. Roll movement first, then choose trap avoidance and choose the trap cell. Will review later.
- The gold in the gold mine in the “Castle of Mystery” quest can not be picked up, but after finding it you can exit the level with a success.
- There are still various features I want to add to the game, however since all of the core game functionality now exists, we will name this version 1.0
- Multiplayer play uses network port 12312 for multiplayer play
- In order to play across the internet, the host should choose multiplayer and “HOST” and if they use a router, port forward port 12312 to their machine
- The other players should choose multiplayer and “Direct Connect” and type the internet-accessible IP of the host (Host can go to https://www.whatismyip.com/ or similar to get their IP if they don’t know.
Note: This game was developed and built using the Unity game engine. As this application was built, packaged, and uploaded from a Windows PC, you may need to do the following to run this application in MacOS and possibly Linux:
change directory to the unzipped binary folder cd <PATH_TO_APP>/HeroQuest.app/Contents/MacOS/
run the following: chmod -R 777 HeroQuest.app
This should mark the file as an executable application file and allow you to play. Hopefully, this note solves any issues.
HeroQuest Revived – Official Build 1.0.0
12 thoughts on “HeroQuest Revived – Official Build 1.0.0”
Hello. Great project!!!
Note: in the single player game, in the Quest the Rescue of Sir Ragnar, after saved him, the reward of 240 gold coins was not released!!!! :(((
It could be a nice idea to fast the combat roll and movent of the monsters. …
And it will be great, to sell at half price the weapons stocked in the inventory .
I could look to add this as an option. The actual board game doesn’t have this listed as part of the game rules, so it wasn’t part of the initial development.
Interesting.. Thanks for the feedback. I will take a look over the code and see if I can find the cause of the issue. Thank you for the feedback.
I’m not seeing this issue. The gold is split 240/num heroes, so each hero should get 60 gold if all 4 heroes survived. Are you sure that each hero didn’t get 60 gold?
This is a good reason to build up a “quest completed” screen that shows gold summaries for sure.
Hi there! Great work so far… I’ve been watching you on YT and have been really enjoying all the development and progress. Some feedback I believe can improve it:
– Scale of the furniture is way bigger than the heroes
– Option to rotate the board
– Room not explored cover by some sort of tiles* (same as the corridor)
*I did that for my original board game and it looked great. Also, it does provide a sort of mystery as you can’t see the rooms so it’s like you are really in a dungeon and only see what’s in front of you/have already explored
Hope this helps! Take care and all the best!
Hello. Played 2 times the single player Melar’s Maze. After discovered the Lore Talisman, it is not listed in the inventory! 🙁
Correct, the quest items like that aren’t shown in a players inventory, however once the item had been found you should be able to exit the quest. I will review the message that is shown when you achieve this to try to clarify.
Sadly just completed the game. Very enjoyable, thanks for creating this. Can’t wait for more supplement releases.
I’m really happy to hear you played through and enjoyed it. I’m already working on another project that hopefully will fill your need for a tabletop dungeon crawler…
Hi! Thanks a lot for developing the game. I have noted that I cannot purchase no items at all (despite I already collected enough money to do this), neither share owned ones or drink potions by dragging them. Do anyone noted this before? I have used the android platform so far.
Hello, I’m just finding out about this game so forgive if you’ve already done this.
I’d like to play solo quests if possible or pick two heroes to play through the campaign, and not be tied to playing all four of the heroes.
Just like in the quest book, the last page is for creating our own dungeons. It would be great if we could make our own maps in a map editor.
Thanks you for your consideration! Looking forward to playing!!