- Change Notes
- Witch Lord can no longer be affected by any spells or weapons except the spirit blade
- Can no longer equip the battle axe and a shield
- Fire Magic no longer harms Balur
- Added functionality for Ring of Return artifact
- Added functionality for Wand of Magic artifact
- Added functionality for Orc’s Bane artifact
- Dying heroes items are no gathered by any hero in the same room/corridor
- Known Issues/Bugs
- From time to time the movement tiles don’t show, but toggling to “attack” and back to “Movement” causes them to redraw correctly.
- Trap UI is “bad” for lack of a better word. Roll movement first, then choose trap avoidance and choose the trap cell. Will review later.
- The gold in the gold mine in the “Castle of Mystery” quest can not be picked up, but after finding it you can exit the level with a success.
- Multiple artifacts that are achievable don’t function yet as they should (Elixer of Life, Spell Ring, etc).
- Multiplayer play uses network port 12312 for multiplayer play
- In order to play across the internet, the host should choose multiplayer and “HOST” and if they use a router, port forward port 12312 to their machine
- The other players should choose multiplayer and “Direct Connect” and type the internet-accessible IP of the host (Host can go to https://www.whatismyip.com/ or similar to get their IP if they don’t know.
Note: This game was developed and built using the Unity game engine. As this application was built, packaged, and uploaded from a Windows PC, you may need to do the following to run this application in MacOS and possibly Linux:
change directory to the unzipped binary folder cd <PATH_TO_APP>/HeroQuest.app/Contents/MacOS/
run the following: chmod -R 777 HeroQuest.app
This should mark the file as an executable application file and allow you to play. Hopefully, this note solves any issues.