- Change Notes
- Sleep spell incorrectly cleared on a roll of 5 OR 6 instead of just a 6 as the game should; Fixed.
- Talisman of Lore never showed up in inventory when found; Fixed.
- Gold transfer UI had incorrect player names shown; Fixed.
- “Square” resolutions did not display some UI elements properly; Fixed (mostly)
- The Wizard’s cloak item text has been fixed.
- The Spirit Blade item text has been fixed.
- Phone controls displayed on screen when they shouldn’t be; Fixed.
- Known Issues/Bugs
- Trap UI is “bad” for lack of a better word. Roll movement first, then choose trap avoidance and choose the trap cell. Will review later.
- The gold in the gold mine in the “Castle of Mystery” quest can not be picked up, but after finding it you can exit the level with a success.
- There are still various features I want to add to the game
- Multiplayer play uses network port 12312 for multiplayer play
- In order to play across the internet, the host should choose multiplayer and “HOST” and if they use a router, port forward port 12312 to their machine
- The other players should choose multiplayer and “Direct Connect” and type the internet-accessible IP of the host (Host can go to https://www.whatismyip.com/ or similar to get their IP if they don’t know.
- W, A, S, D (Pan the Camera)
- Q, E (Zoom Camera In/Out)
- Z, C (Rotate Camera Left/Right)
Note: This game was developed and built using the Unity game engine. As this application was built, packaged, and uploaded from a Windows PC, you may need to do the following to run this application in MacOS and possibly Linux:
change directory to the unzipped binary folder cd <PATH_TO_APP>/HeroQuest.app/Contents/MacOS/
run the following: chmod -R 777 HeroQuest.app
This should mark the file as an executable application file and allow you to play. Hopefully, this note solves any issues.