- Change Notes
- Final working/playable version of the first 10 missions of the US version of the original PLUS the maze
- Added support for Diagonal attacks, Ranged attacks (crossbow), and thrown weapons (daggers)
- Many multiplayer bugs are now fixed (Thank you Arreya for netcode testing)
- Disarming of traps functional (UI Still needs work).
- Jumping of traps functional (UI Still needs work).
- Updated Armory screen and Inventory screens for easier trading of goods
- Some additional artifact items functional
- Known Issues/Bugs
- Passthrough rock and ending turn inside solid rock has unknown side effects at this point
- From time to time the movement tiles don’t show, but toggling to “attack” and back to “Movement” causes them to redraw correctly.
- Trap UI is “bad” for lack of a better word. Roll movement first, then choose trap avoidance and choose the trap cell. Will review later.
- Enemies that should be able to cast spells currently can not cast spells.
- There is a chest in “The Lost Wizard” which doesn’t display but functions correctly.
- The gold in the gold mine in the “Castle of Mystery” quest can not be picked up, but after finding it you can exit the level with a success.
- Multiple artifacts that are achievable don’t function yet as they should (Elixer of Life, Ring of Return, etc).
- Multiplayer play uses network port 12312 for multiplayer play
- In order to play across the internet, the host should choose multiplayer and “HOST” and if they use a router, port forward port 12312 to their machine
- The other players should choose multiplayer and “Direct Connect” and type the internet-accessible IP of the host (Host can go to https://www.whatismyip.com/ or similar to get their IP if they don’t know.
Note: This game was developed and built using the Unity game engine. As this application was built, packaged, and uploaded from a Windows PC, you may need to do the following to run this application in MacOS and possibly Linux:
change directory to the unzipped binary folder cd <PATH_TO_APP>/HeroQuest.app/Contents/MacOS/
run the following: chmod -R 777 HeroQuest.app
This should mark the file as an executable application file and allow you to play. Hopefully, this note solves any issues.